Thursday, January 27, 2005

Still in Tennessee

I am still in Tennessee. The last two nights I have been in Dyersburg with Jo Jo Dancer and D-Dawg. It was pretty fun. Shaky didn't have so much fun. He says they are too conservative, and he even roared at Jo Jo Dancer when she tried to pick him up. She told him that she wished I had brought Pup Pup instead.

I have also spent time with Nana and PeePaw in Memphis. I've had a good time, but I really miss home. I miss seeing Daddy and playing with him, and I miss all of the kitty cats, especially my buddy Friend. I've talked to Daddy a few times over the phone, but it's not the same as being with him. I've also had a bit of insomnia down here in Tennessee. It's sorta tough being a baby and sleeping in new places. it is really scary. I don't even like sleep anyway. When I was first born, I didn't understand it, and thought that if you went to sleep, you'd never wake up. I'm a little better about it now, but still don't like it. That's way too much stuff to do and see to waste time sleeping. But God bless mama. I know that it is really frustrating for her when I keep getting up at night. I try not to cry but sometimes I can't help it. Besides, when I cry, she'll come and sooth me which I really like. I was really scared when Daddy traveled out of town last week. It was just me and Mommy. Daddy told I was the "man of the house" so I tried to stay awake with Shaky and protect Momma. But it was hard especially after Momma put me in bed with her. To be honest, I was sort of glad. It was scary being by myself in the crib without Daddy around, and I liked snuggling with her. Shaky said he would stay awake and watch both of us. Pup Pup said I was "being a baby" for being so scared, but then I saw him peeping around the corner to make sure we were safe. So I slept sorta well.

One thing I've been doing as of late is something mama calls "laughing". I'm not real sure what it is, but it is this feeling you get when you are really happy. Sometimes Daddy will hold me and Mama will jump up and down with a big smile and Daddy will jump up and down with me, and I just can't help but "laugh". It is so much fun.

I've also got this strange feeling in my mouth. My gums really hurt, and it feels like something is about to explode out of them. It is sorta freaking me out. Mama mentioned something about "cutting a tooth," but I have no idea what that means. But it sure doesn't sound like much fun.

One new thing I've done is try some new foods. Mama started feeding me something called carrots. It is this cool sorta orange color (like the color of UT!), and it tastes really good! I was like, "Mama, why haven't you been giving this to me from the beginning? This stuff rocks!". When Mama feeds me carrots, I lean forward to try to get as much as possible. I just can't tell you how good this stuff is. Carrots are the only thing I ever want to eat, though mama says if I'm good, she's going to start giving me sweet potatoes soon, and that it is even better than carrots. I don't think that is even possible.

Nana is doing pretty good with her new hip. I had no idea that if you wore out a part of your body, then you could just get a new one. That's really cool. I've been chewing a lot on my fist, even though mama and Daddy don't like for me to. But it's all good because if I wear out my fists, I can always just get some fist replacements.

Also, I just found that I'm going to "christened" soon. I don't know what that means, but mama says it means some man will sprinkle some water on my head. But that happens to me almost every night when mama shampoos me. Does that mean I've already been christened? But mama says it is special water they will use, something called "holy water". Sounds like fun.

I am going home on Saturday (which I think is soon -- I don't have these day names down yet), and I can't wait. Flying is lots of fun. And I really look forward to being able to cuddle with Mama and Daddy again in their nice big bed in the mornings. I've already planned to start fussing about 5am the first morning we are back so they will bring me to their bed. And I also look forward to daddy singing to me in the morning, some song called "Rise and Shine", and something to do with glory. That is how he gets mama and me up in the morning, and he said D-Dawg and Jo Jo Dancer used to get him up that same way when he was a kid.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home