Friday, January 21, 2005

Two Firsts for Me

This has been an interesting week. I've experienced two new firsts. There was this cold white stuff that fell from the sky. It's called snow. I thought it was caused by bits of clouds break off and fall, but Momma says it's really caused when water droplets crystalize around suspended particles in the atmosphere. After enough water crystalize, the flake becomes heavy and it falls. That sounds weird. I like my explanation better.

Snow is fun to watch. But it's hard to look at because it gets in your eyes. It's also really cold outside so I don't like to hang out too long watching it snow.

The second first was the presidential inauguration. I've heard parents like to commemorate (see? I've been reading the thesaurus) their babies firsts: first bath, first solid food, first pooy diaper...But Momma and Daddy don't seem interested in celebrating my first president. Daddy's always grumbling about W.

Shaky says it's because W will run the country into the ground. He says that when I am as old as Momma and Daddy, there won't be any Social Security, I'll be paying more taxes to pay down the deficit, and the Medicare prescription drug benefit will bankrupt the country. I have to confess I have no idea what he is talking about. But I was only a fetus during most of the campaign. Also I think Shaky is pulling my leg. A) I don't think it possible that I could ever be as old as Momma and Daddy -- That's old! What about JoJo Dancer and D-Dawg?! Now that's super old! B) Can't I just not pay taxes? C) What's Medicare? Is that something else for old people?

Pup Pup says Shaky is just mad because of 2000 -- Again, before my time. What happened? Pup Pup also said that W keeps us safe and that only terrorists and hippies voted for Kerry. I'm not a terrorist and I'm not sure what a hippie is, but I had to stand up the Democrats. (Shaky and I agree that they don't stand up for themselves).

Anyhoo, I didn't watch the inauguration. I was in daycare, and they don't have a TV there. But Shaky and Pup Pup watched it. Apparently, they got into a fist fight (paw fight?) over W's speech. I'm not sure why, but they went at it again later that night when they were telling me about the speech. I had to separate them. Then Pup Pup and I got into it! He wouldn't stop singing "Let the Eagle Soar" so I had to slug him. I hope Momma didn't hear the racket we were making. She thought I was asleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Pup Pup! You go dawg!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will, You may want to read Molly Ivins' book Who Let the Dogs In?
Your parents can help you understand about "Shrub" and "bidness".
Hope to get to see you "sprinkled with 'hissop'".
PS Your metrosexual look is really quite attractive.
Aunt Janie

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home