Monday, July 25, 2005

Welcome, Shyla

I hear that this weekend, while I was away fishin' in the mountains, Shyla Peak was born. Shyla is my aunt Julie and Uncle Judd's baby. She's going to be my prom date in 2023, too. And since I'm in with her daddy, he won't threaten me with a shotgun or anything (I hope). As a tribute to Shyla, here's some advice for the newborn...from someone who's been there:

IF YOU WANT ATTENTION, BLOW OUT YOUR DIAPER EARLY AND OFTEN
Never fails to work.

FAKE COUGH, IF NECESSARY
Don't go crazy with this one, though. Mommy and Daddy might catch on.

ENJOY HAVING MOMMY AND DADDY AT YOUR BECK AND CALL
It won't last forever, I've found. There will come the day when they decide to let you "cry it out." No fun.

MILK IS GOOD
But ice cream is better! So don't fear the solids. Plus solid foods make the blown out diapers so much more impressive. (That's right, I actually blew out my diaper the other day -- I still got the touch).

DON'T PLAY MOMMY OR DADDY'S FACE WITH IF THEY PUT YOU IN BED WITH THEM
Otherwise they'll put you back in the crib all by yourself. I keep forgetting this one in the excitement.

EAT WHAT MOMMY AND DADDY EAT
I promise you that it's better than the pureed bananas they're feeding you.

Welcome, Shyla!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home