Many New Firsts
Well, I am happy to report that I've made lots of progress in the last few days -- so get out your developmental growth charts. Here are some of my many milestones in the past month...
CRAWLING - I figured out crawling about three weeks ago and then within a few days grew bored with it and moved onto...
STANDING - Yup. I can stand like the best of them (though not without holding on to something). I guarantee walking and running before the summer is out.
NEW TEETH - I've gotten my upper two teeth in and even have the two on the side coming in too! And guess what!? They're pointed! I'm so excited. I was showing my budding canines to Shaky the other day, and he was very impressed -- until I chewed on his tail. Sorry, I can't help it. My gums itch.
LONG HAIR - Perhaps you've seen my new longer hair look in my recent bath pictures. I know it isn't much, but hey, I started out practically bald so be patient. I was watching this video the other day of a guy named Ted Nugent. I want hair like that!
NEW WORDS - I can say lots of things like "da-da-da-da" and "ah-da-da-da" or "de-da-da." Okay, so they're just variations of the same thing. But I'm working on it. I can still say more than Shaky. All he says is "roar, "roar," "roar." How boring is that!?
Along with my new skills, I've also gotten to do many new things for the first time...
FIRST TIME ON A BOAT - It was okay. I hated the llife vest and fell asleep when we were cruising around the lake. I have to admit, I don't understand the big deal.
FIRST TIME EATING CAKE - Cake rocks! I love it!
FIRST TIME SWIMMING IN A LAKE - Sort of like swimming in my pool, only I can't feel the bottom and it's very, very cold. And I have to confess -- I pee-ed in the water. Heh, heh!
FIRST TIME IN A SWING (A REAL SWING, NOT ONE OF THOSE SISSY BABY SWINGS) - Swings are cool. I could swing all day!
FIRST TIME DRIVING A CAR - Cars are cool. I could drive all day! (Yes, children these days DO grow up fast).
FIRST TIME EATING SCRAMBLED EGGS, CRACKERS, FRENCH TOAST, BACON, BREAKFAST SAUSAGE, AND PANCAKES - Scrambled eggs rock! Crackers rock! French toast rocks! Bacon rocks! Breakfast sausage rocks! Pancakes rock! Who am I kidding -- I love food! Can you tell?
On the other hand, new firsts come with new anxieties. Here are just a few I am working through...
STRANGER ANXIETY - I like people, I really do. I just don't like it when people I don't know or don't remember hold me. Then I cry. I much prefer watching strangers from the safe vantage point of Momma or Daddy's arms. If I like 'em, I might even smile at them.
SEPARATION ANXIETY - It really makes me upset to see Mommy or Daddy leave. They always come back, but for some reason, whenever they disappear, I feel like crying -- and I usually give in to those feelings. At home, I cry when they leave the room and I try to follow them wherever they go. And I cry when they leave me in daycare. Then I'm okay. I sometimes do it to give Momma and Daddy anxiety about leaving me. No sense in being the only one with a neurosis.
ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER - I'm very distractable right now. I live looking around at all sorts of things. Daddy sometimes chastizes me because he says it makes it difficult to feed me. I also flit from toy to toy. So many cool things to see, so little time. And the, there's the hyperactivity. I don't think I'm really hyperactive -- that's just what Lola nad P-Paw say. They tell me I wear them out, but I think that's just because they're not use to being around babies.
SLEEP DISORDER - I hate to sleep so I absolutely refuse to, even when I'm tired. Why sleep when there's so many cool things to see and do? The only downside is that I end up crabby, and Mommy gives me the "I told you so" look. But I hear from Lola that she was the exact same way when she was a baby.
I don't know why I do these things. I just do. Pup-Pup says they are perfectly normal, and that all babies go through them, even Daddy did. Hopefully, I'll get over these issues before my doctor decides to put me on Paxil or something like that. You know how those doctors are (right, Uncle Ed?)
CRAWLING - I figured out crawling about three weeks ago and then within a few days grew bored with it and moved onto...
STANDING - Yup. I can stand like the best of them (though not without holding on to something). I guarantee walking and running before the summer is out.
NEW TEETH - I've gotten my upper two teeth in and even have the two on the side coming in too! And guess what!? They're pointed! I'm so excited. I was showing my budding canines to Shaky the other day, and he was very impressed -- until I chewed on his tail. Sorry, I can't help it. My gums itch.
LONG HAIR - Perhaps you've seen my new longer hair look in my recent bath pictures. I know it isn't much, but hey, I started out practically bald so be patient. I was watching this video the other day of a guy named Ted Nugent. I want hair like that!
NEW WORDS - I can say lots of things like "da-da-da-da" and "ah-da-da-da" or "de-da-da." Okay, so they're just variations of the same thing. But I'm working on it. I can still say more than Shaky. All he says is "roar, "roar," "roar." How boring is that!?
Along with my new skills, I've also gotten to do many new things for the first time...
FIRST TIME ON A BOAT - It was okay. I hated the llife vest and fell asleep when we were cruising around the lake. I have to admit, I don't understand the big deal.
FIRST TIME EATING CAKE - Cake rocks! I love it!
FIRST TIME SWIMMING IN A LAKE - Sort of like swimming in my pool, only I can't feel the bottom and it's very, very cold. And I have to confess -- I pee-ed in the water. Heh, heh!
FIRST TIME IN A SWING (A REAL SWING, NOT ONE OF THOSE SISSY BABY SWINGS) - Swings are cool. I could swing all day!
FIRST TIME DRIVING A CAR - Cars are cool. I could drive all day! (Yes, children these days DO grow up fast).
FIRST TIME EATING SCRAMBLED EGGS, CRACKERS, FRENCH TOAST, BACON, BREAKFAST SAUSAGE, AND PANCAKES - Scrambled eggs rock! Crackers rock! French toast rocks! Bacon rocks! Breakfast sausage rocks! Pancakes rock! Who am I kidding -- I love food! Can you tell?
On the other hand, new firsts come with new anxieties. Here are just a few I am working through...
STRANGER ANXIETY - I like people, I really do. I just don't like it when people I don't know or don't remember hold me. Then I cry. I much prefer watching strangers from the safe vantage point of Momma or Daddy's arms. If I like 'em, I might even smile at them.
SEPARATION ANXIETY - It really makes me upset to see Mommy or Daddy leave. They always come back, but for some reason, whenever they disappear, I feel like crying -- and I usually give in to those feelings. At home, I cry when they leave the room and I try to follow them wherever they go. And I cry when they leave me in daycare. Then I'm okay. I sometimes do it to give Momma and Daddy anxiety about leaving me. No sense in being the only one with a neurosis.
ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER - I'm very distractable right now. I live looking around at all sorts of things. Daddy sometimes chastizes me because he says it makes it difficult to feed me. I also flit from toy to toy. So many cool things to see, so little time. And the, there's the hyperactivity. I don't think I'm really hyperactive -- that's just what Lola nad P-Paw say. They tell me I wear them out, but I think that's just because they're not use to being around babies.
SLEEP DISORDER - I hate to sleep so I absolutely refuse to, even when I'm tired. Why sleep when there's so many cool things to see and do? The only downside is that I end up crabby, and Mommy gives me the "I told you so" look. But I hear from Lola that she was the exact same way when she was a baby.
I don't know why I do these things. I just do. Pup-Pup says they are perfectly normal, and that all babies go through them, even Daddy did. Hopefully, I'll get over these issues before my doctor decides to put me on Paxil or something like that. You know how those doctors are (right, Uncle Ed?)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home