My Busy Days
Hello blog fans,
Some of you have complained that it takes me too long to post writings and pictures. Sorry! Now that I’m in daycare, I can’t just slip out the crib for some quick blogging. I have to wait until Mommy and Daddy are asleep at night, and they’ve been staying up late these past few nights. I can’t bring my laptop to daycare, either. All the other babies keep chewing on it and getting their nasty drool all over the place. Yuck!
I’ve been very busy lately, too. I know, I know. Y’all (notice the beginnings of the Southern accent) think I just nap all day. But you would be wrong! I keep a pretty tight schedule. Observe:
5 a.m.
Wake up because of Jake’s snoring. Fuss until Daddy or Mommy comes. They usually bring me back to their bed with them, and let me sleep snuggled up between them. I like it lots because they’re warm and cozy. I tried snuggling with Jake but it’s not the same. Every time I see him he’s awake and has a smile on his face (even if I wake up in the middle of the night) – Doesn’t he ever sleep?! It sort of freaks me out.
6:45 a.m.
If I wake up with Mommy and Daddy, then I just slap their faces until they wake up too. But if I sleep through 5 a.m. and wake up in my crib, then I’ll wrestle with Jake for a few minutes, then sing until somebody comes and gets me. This serves to warm up my vocal chords for a day of screeching and babbling and wake Mommy and Daddy up.
7 a.m.
Breakfast. Daddy usually gives me a cookie, then gives me a breakfast of fruit and cereal. It doesn’t take me long to eat it, and sometime in the middle, Mommy comes dragging down the stairs, mumbles something incoherent, and heads straight for the some brown foul-smelling liquid (not unlike those nasty prunes Mama and Daddy try to feed me) called coffee. After that she’s much happier. When breakfast is done, Mommy plays with me, and Daddy disappears. When he shows up again, he looks very different: his hair is no longer sticking up, his stubble is gone, and he’s got a suit on. Then he takes me in his car to daycare.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Daycare. My day at daycare is pretty varied. It sort of depends on what I feel like doing. Sure, I’ll eat, poop, and nap like I am expected to. But I’ve got work to do too. What possibly could I be doing, you ask? Well, several things:
1. Learning to crawl. This is a lot harder than you would think. I’ve finally got the moving forward down, but still not technically crawling as well as some of the other kids. I think my stomach is too heavy to lift.
2. Learning to stand. If you can’t crawl, then stand – or at least I’m trying. Not too successful at this either.
3. Eat some toys. Seems to be the universal way for babies to amuse themselves so I figure I might as well do it for part of the day. Besides, my gums itch. I think I’m growing more teeth – Will these be canines?
4. Study for the SAT. That’s right. I’m studying for the SATs at the age of 7 1/2 months. I’ve heard that standardized testing is the wave of the future, especially with Bush’s No Child Left Behind Act in place. Can never start too early. It’s just too bad I can neither read nor write (yet strangely, I can still type out a blog on the computer. Hmm…). And unfortunately, the infant to teacher ratio in my class is clearly too high for effective learning to be taking place.
5. Practice on the piano. I’ve also taken up music. I like listening to music, so I figured I might as well learn to make music. Shaky, Pup-Pup, and I are thinking about starting a garage band. We'll probably play some punk, some country, some rock (sorta of a cross between the Pixies, Old 97s, and Interpol). It’s too bad my house doesn’t have a garage, though.
4:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Mommy usually picks me up around now, and then I nap on the way home so that I can play some more until bedtime. When I get home, I play some, Mommy feeds me, then she and Daddy take me on a walk around the neighborhood. During the walks, I pretend like I am sleeping, so I can listen to them gossip about the family back in Tennessee, especially their hated mothers-in-law…Just kidding Jo-Jo Dancer and Lola! Happy late (grand)Mother’s Day! Then I have a bath and go to sleep.
So as you can tell, I have very full days. I’ll try better to keep you fans up-to-date on my latest adventures. Here are some pictures for your amusement…
Some of you have complained that it takes me too long to post writings and pictures. Sorry! Now that I’m in daycare, I can’t just slip out the crib for some quick blogging. I have to wait until Mommy and Daddy are asleep at night, and they’ve been staying up late these past few nights. I can’t bring my laptop to daycare, either. All the other babies keep chewing on it and getting their nasty drool all over the place. Yuck!
I’ve been very busy lately, too. I know, I know. Y’all (notice the beginnings of the Southern accent) think I just nap all day. But you would be wrong! I keep a pretty tight schedule. Observe:
5 a.m.
Wake up because of Jake’s snoring. Fuss until Daddy or Mommy comes. They usually bring me back to their bed with them, and let me sleep snuggled up between them. I like it lots because they’re warm and cozy. I tried snuggling with Jake but it’s not the same. Every time I see him he’s awake and has a smile on his face (even if I wake up in the middle of the night) – Doesn’t he ever sleep?! It sort of freaks me out.
6:45 a.m.
If I wake up with Mommy and Daddy, then I just slap their faces until they wake up too. But if I sleep through 5 a.m. and wake up in my crib, then I’ll wrestle with Jake for a few minutes, then sing until somebody comes and gets me. This serves to warm up my vocal chords for a day of screeching and babbling and wake Mommy and Daddy up.
7 a.m.
Breakfast. Daddy usually gives me a cookie, then gives me a breakfast of fruit and cereal. It doesn’t take me long to eat it, and sometime in the middle, Mommy comes dragging down the stairs, mumbles something incoherent, and heads straight for the some brown foul-smelling liquid (not unlike those nasty prunes Mama and Daddy try to feed me) called coffee. After that she’s much happier. When breakfast is done, Mommy plays with me, and Daddy disappears. When he shows up again, he looks very different: his hair is no longer sticking up, his stubble is gone, and he’s got a suit on. Then he takes me in his car to daycare.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Daycare. My day at daycare is pretty varied. It sort of depends on what I feel like doing. Sure, I’ll eat, poop, and nap like I am expected to. But I’ve got work to do too. What possibly could I be doing, you ask? Well, several things:
1. Learning to crawl. This is a lot harder than you would think. I’ve finally got the moving forward down, but still not technically crawling as well as some of the other kids. I think my stomach is too heavy to lift.
2. Learning to stand. If you can’t crawl, then stand – or at least I’m trying. Not too successful at this either.
3. Eat some toys. Seems to be the universal way for babies to amuse themselves so I figure I might as well do it for part of the day. Besides, my gums itch. I think I’m growing more teeth – Will these be canines?
4. Study for the SAT. That’s right. I’m studying for the SATs at the age of 7 1/2 months. I’ve heard that standardized testing is the wave of the future, especially with Bush’s No Child Left Behind Act in place. Can never start too early. It’s just too bad I can neither read nor write (yet strangely, I can still type out a blog on the computer. Hmm…). And unfortunately, the infant to teacher ratio in my class is clearly too high for effective learning to be taking place.
5. Practice on the piano. I’ve also taken up music. I like listening to music, so I figured I might as well learn to make music. Shaky, Pup-Pup, and I are thinking about starting a garage band. We'll probably play some punk, some country, some rock (sorta of a cross between the Pixies, Old 97s, and Interpol). It’s too bad my house doesn’t have a garage, though.
4:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Mommy usually picks me up around now, and then I nap on the way home so that I can play some more until bedtime. When I get home, I play some, Mommy feeds me, then she and Daddy take me on a walk around the neighborhood. During the walks, I pretend like I am sleeping, so I can listen to them gossip about the family back in Tennessee, especially their hated mothers-in-law…Just kidding Jo-Jo Dancer and Lola! Happy late (grand)Mother’s Day! Then I have a bath and go to sleep.
So as you can tell, I have very full days. I’ll try better to keep you fans up-to-date on my latest adventures. Here are some pictures for your amusement…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home