My Exciting Week
Hi there, blog fans. Sorry I have not posted in awhile but I've been sick. Yours truly came down with a 103 fever. Scared my Momma and Daddy something terrible too. I feel bad about that. I've also been out of town getting christened (which I found out is not like shampooing at all -- more on that later). So here's the run-down from start to finish.
I came down with a bad fever last week. I don't recall ever feeling so bad. Mommy and Daddy took me out of daycare, and I got to stay home all week with Mommy. I would have been happy but for the fact that I didn't feel like playing. Mommy took me to the doctor too everyday. Shaky came with me because I was scared. The nurses kept sticking me with needles to draw blood for "tests" and to give me antibiotics. Shaky tried to roar at them and chase them away, but they just put him away in the diaper bag. I think they would have been more scared had Shaky been a lion, instead of a bobcat -- Bobcats are sort of small, you see. But at least he napped with me when I got home. In the end, I got stuck with so many needles that I felt like swiss cheese. I had three band-aids on my fingers and one on each leg. I was so sad I didn't even care that they were my favorite circus band-aids.
Anyway, I got to feeling much better by Friday. So Momma and Daddy took me on a trip with them to our ancestral home, Tennessee. I had lots of adventures. I got to fly on a plane again. I went to my first wedding. I got to see my Dewey Daddy. And I got christened. Oh yeah, and I got to hang out with Cousin Katie again. She seemed to be cooler this time. At least she looked at me. But she keeps calling me "Jeff." I found out that he's the Asian Wiggle and that Katie is a big Wiggles fan. All I can say to here is, "Wishful thinking!"
Getting christened was interesting. As I said, it's not like getting shampooed. For one thing, I got to keep my kilt on, and there's no soap. And it's this old guy in a black dress that does the shampooing. He dosn't do it like Mommy either. He just dumped a bunch of cold water on my head. I gave a yelp from the shock of it, and thought about crying but decided not to. Then the old guy in the black dress held me up to all these people dressed in white and green dresses. They called themselves the "choir." They looked so funny I started laughing, but then they laughed back at me! Then the old guy paraded me around some more and then handed my back to Mommy and Daddy. Shaky told me that after church, there was lunch for the whole family with a huge cake. But I fell asleep and missed it all. Rats!
I came down with a bad fever last week. I don't recall ever feeling so bad. Mommy and Daddy took me out of daycare, and I got to stay home all week with Mommy. I would have been happy but for the fact that I didn't feel like playing. Mommy took me to the doctor too everyday. Shaky came with me because I was scared. The nurses kept sticking me with needles to draw blood for "tests" and to give me antibiotics. Shaky tried to roar at them and chase them away, but they just put him away in the diaper bag. I think they would have been more scared had Shaky been a lion, instead of a bobcat -- Bobcats are sort of small, you see. But at least he napped with me when I got home. In the end, I got stuck with so many needles that I felt like swiss cheese. I had three band-aids on my fingers and one on each leg. I was so sad I didn't even care that they were my favorite circus band-aids.
Anyway, I got to feeling much better by Friday. So Momma and Daddy took me on a trip with them to our ancestral home, Tennessee. I had lots of adventures. I got to fly on a plane again. I went to my first wedding. I got to see my Dewey Daddy. And I got christened. Oh yeah, and I got to hang out with Cousin Katie again. She seemed to be cooler this time. At least she looked at me. But she keeps calling me "Jeff." I found out that he's the Asian Wiggle and that Katie is a big Wiggles fan. All I can say to here is, "Wishful thinking!"
Getting christened was interesting. As I said, it's not like getting shampooed. For one thing, I got to keep my kilt on, and there's no soap. And it's this old guy in a black dress that does the shampooing. He dosn't do it like Mommy either. He just dumped a bunch of cold water on my head. I gave a yelp from the shock of it, and thought about crying but decided not to. Then the old guy in the black dress held me up to all these people dressed in white and green dresses. They called themselves the "choir." They looked so funny I started laughing, but then they laughed back at me! Then the old guy paraded me around some more and then handed my back to Mommy and Daddy. Shaky told me that after church, there was lunch for the whole family with a huge cake. But I fell asleep and missed it all. Rats!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home