Monday, January 10, 2005

I'm Back, Part Two

Anyhoo, as I was saying about this Christmas thing. I've decided I like Christmas. It makes Momma and Daddy do strange things like drag trees indoors and cover them with small toys. And then they took me to a big garden where some people had hung tiny lights all over the place. I got to wear my new parka, too. Also Momma took me to see this old man named Santa. She told me that when I sit on his lap, I should tell him what toys I want. Then he flies around the world on one night giving toys to good children. The rest of the year, he just spies on them -- to see if they're naughty or nice. Sort of like John Ashcroft and the U.S.A. Patriot Act, except he gives toys and he doesn't have that creepy lazy eye. I tried to tell Santa that I wanted more food but I don't think he understood me. Again, haven't mastered the verbal thing yet. He didn't look happy either. I thought he was suppose to laugh like a bowl full of jelly?! But I must have done something right 'cause I got tons of toys for Christmas! Lots of stuffed animals, pajamas, and even a rocking snail -- like a rocking horse but a snail!

Momma put me on my snail today, and I tried rocking on him. But I slumped over and ended up with his antenna in my mouth. I've decided I don't like escargot. Momma and Daddy said I could try solid foods soon. But if they taste like snail, I'll stick with milk, thank you very much.

Since Christmas, it's been downhill. I've been in daycare. The teachers are okay. I blew out my diaper today just to see what would happen. I saved up really good -- even managed to get some on my socks! But my teacher didn't seem happy -- She wasn't as impressed as Momma and Daddy are.

Then I got sick -- I've already told y'all this. Goo drips down my nose and I can't wipe it off! I end up smearing it all over my face. I'm gonna have to figure out how to operate my fists and soon. It's enough to make you cry -- And I do. I must look like Jake. He's a guy in my daycare class and his nose is always running. When Daddy drops me off in the morning, he gives Jake the evil eye. I hope he doesn't think I'm gross. I can't help it.

Yesterday Momma and Daddy took me to see my doctor. She was very proud of me. I now weigh 15 pounds and 15 ounces and I'm 25-1/4 inches long. Personally, I think I'm taller. The nurse doesn't stretch me out enough. All in all, I like my doctor, but she keeps jabbing me with needles. This time I got four jabs. Sure, I get Snoopy band-aids, but I think I deserve more for getting jabbed and not crying.

So it's my four month birthday and I've got a runny nose and my legs hurt and I'm too sick to play with my Christmas toys. Shaky says I should just nap. Then I'll feel better, and we'll play together. I think he's sick too, though. His roar sounds sorta scratchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home